1. Takeout menus organizer- obviously the college students' best friend, I filled my sister's with a few menus I've order from before to get her started.
2. Hangers- you can always use more hangers
3. College gear- I know, an obvious choice, but always a crowd pleaser
4. Games- like table topics college edition, catch phrase, apples to apples are great ways to help the grad make new friends in college. I know I've played rounds of catch phrase with about 15 people that go into the wee hours of the night.
5. Something to cuddle with when you're homesick- sometime you just miss home, and it helps to pop in a good movie and to have a soft cuddle buddy like this adorable teddy bear.
6. College "fun" money- by which I really mean quarters for the laundry. You can buy little piggy banks like this or if you like me and love craft projects, you can paint one. I bought a plain white bank at my michael's store (with a coupon of course) and painted the piggy bank in school colors and filled it with enough quarters for a few laundry cycles... or one frozen yogurt plus delivery and tip :)
7. Activities- midnight frisbee on the quad and nerf battles in the dorm halls are soo much fun!!
9. Note cards- because its fun to send and receive mail (just don't forget stamps, I know my college bookstore is always out of them)
10. Planner/Agenda- to keep the grad organized and on top of work, classes and appointments in between all the fun
11. Travel mug- to keep the grad well caffeinated on the go
12. Chocolate chip cookie recipe- because I can ensure you (at least at my school) the smell of cookies baking done the hall, is one of the best ways to meet new people. Plus its a nice surprise to get a knock on the door to fresh baked cookies :)
Well here are some ideas I've though of or have decided are essential for college life!
Until next time,